If you thought you’d seen everything, you probably have not seen the photos from photographer Sol Neelman who travels the globe in search of the world’s strangest competitions. There are many weird sports out there that you may never have dreamed existed and now, thanks to Neelman, you can learn more about them through photos.
Here are 10 of the most unusual and exciting weird sports Neelman has to share:
- The Kaiju Big Battel is a mix between Japanese anime and professional wrestling that shows off the participants skills in a very humorous way.
- Have you ever heard of Underwater Hockey? It’s sometimes called “octopush” and instead of pushing the puck around an ice-rink, players are pushing it around on the floor of a pool.
- When you combine gymnastics, capoeira and soccer to the sport of volleyball, you get Bossaball equipped with trampolines on both ends of the playing court.
- Snow Polo is an amazing game similar to the traditional Polo but players are on top of horses in a snow-covered arena. The horses wear special shoes to help with traction.
- The Pillow Fight League really puts on a show when these women gather together, go wild and fight each other with pillows. What an interesting way to cut loose and let out some anger.
- Surfing is not just for humans anymore. Both small and large dogs are getting in on some of the action when they go Dog Surfing. In this sport, the dogs surf alone or with their owners and it’s one heck of a sport.
- One of the “Arctic Winter Games” includes an event called Pole Push in which two teams grab hold of the opposite end of a pole and each team tries to push the other team to the outside of the ring.
Read more at Yahoo! Sports