Most of us realize that fad or crash diets may give us a little satisfaction with immediate results, but over time they can actually lead to weight gain and disappointment. A lifestyle that provides a healthy and balanced diet that can be followed for life, is always the best way to achieve better overall health and an ideal shape.
If you want to make a big change in your life by transforming your eating habits and want a head start on losing those extra pounds, basing your diet on ten of the healthiest super foods can be the best course of action. These foods can not only help you loose weight, they can help prevent diseases like cancer, diabetes and heart problems, make your complexion glow and give your immune system a boost.
- Greek yogurt is calcium rich and may prevent osteoporosis and lower blood pressure. It contains lots of immune-boosting bacteria, and the Greek type has twice the protein of regular yogurt.
- Salmon is one of the best ways to get your protein. It also contains healthy omega 3 fatty acids that help prevent heart disease and cancer, and can help you lose weight faster. This amazing fish can even make your skin look smoother and give your mood a boost!
- Lemons provide 100 percent of the daily value for vitamin C, may increase your good cholesterol, and strengthen your bones. Its flavonoids are also said to lessen your cancer risk.
- Broccoli is another excellent cancer preventing food that contains a full day’s worth of vitamin K and 200 percent of the daily value for Vitamin C.
- Spinach leaves make an ideal salad base and contain lots of vitamins and anti-oxidants, and can help prevent bone and muscle loss.
- Beans are one of the world’s most perfect foods and one cup provides as much as 17 grams of fiber. They’ve got lots of protein and other important nutrients like calcium, potassium and magnesium. Eating beans can reduce your risk of several cancers, heart disease and diabetes.
- Blueberries are not just delicious, they pack the most antioxidants of any food on the planet!
- Walnuts contain omega 3 fatty acids, and even the antioxidant melatonin to help you get a good night’s sleep. Any of the tree nuts will help to reduce your risk of heart disease and diabetes.
- Potatoes are an excellent vegetable to base your diet on, with nearly an endless amount of cooking options. Potatoes are filling, helping you to eat less overall, and contain lots of folate.
- Tomatoes contain the antioxidant lycopene which may help protect against heart disease and cancer.
Base your diet on these super foods and consider throwing in a little red wine and dark chocolate too. It’s the perfect recipe to not only help you lose stubborn weight, but to improve your health and increase your energy.